Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by jeanlouismoray
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to the Zen tradition, enlightenment is a cosmic experience of universal unity. Here, Heinrich Dumoulin traces the development of Zen and the concept of enlightenment from its origins in India through its development in China to its fruition in Japan. Delineating the Buddhist origins, as well as the Taoist and yogic influences, he traces the historical path Zen has followed, with special emphasis given to the development of the koan and the writings of the great Japanese Zen master Dogen (1200-1253). He then presents, in his own words, the enlightenment experiences of a number of contemporary practitioners of Zen.
- Author BiographyHeinrich Dumoulin (1905 - 1995) was one of the world's leading scholars of Zen and Buddhism. He was for many years Profeeor of Philosophy and History of Religions at Sophia University in Japan.
- Author(s)Heinrich Dumoulin
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2008
- LanguageEnglish & English & German
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight278 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.