All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZen Letters presents the teachings of the great Chinese master Yuanwu (1063-1135) in direct person-to-person lessons, intimately revealing the inner workings of the psychology of enlightenment. These teachings are drawn from letters written by Yuanwu to various fellow teachers, disciples, and lay students--to women as well as men, to people with families and worldly careers as well as monks and nuns, to advanced adepts as well as beginning students. A key figure of Zen history, Yuanwu is best kwn as the author of The Blue Cliff Record. His letters, here in English for the first time, are among the treasures of Zen literature.
- Author BiographyYuanwu (1063-1135) is best known as the author of the famous Zen book, The Blue Cliff Record, a collection of meditation cases with prose and verse comments.
- Author(s)J.C. Cleary
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight152 g
- Width132 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.