All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt: Through the smudged, tinsel-framed pane of glass in the library door, a barricade of chairs and upturned furniture had appeared. It was a monumental construction and had drained all the architect's energy. His cheeks were flaming red. Blood had rushed to his head and he wasn't thinking clearly. The only thing w which would satisfy his craving for a fight would be the appearance of Wayne Ruddock and his gang and he was determined that this time he would blast them into the heavens, good will to all men, or t! If Barney had been with him, then things might be different. Zachary James Brown's behaviour dramatically changed and he became a terror at school. He started calling everyone 'schewpid doughnuts'. He decided to barricade himself in the school library and attacked Father Christmas, pulling off his beard! The teachers were at their wits end. However, in the lead up to the Christmas festivities Mr. Connaught, the deputy headteacher, proves that in the middle of all the chaos that Zachary created, he might be the key to his happiness. This wonderful, heartwarming Christmas story about a little boy who is pining for his pet dog Barney, is suitable for children age nine years and upwards. It is aimed at boys and girls all over the world who have ever missed a friend and who have found it difficult to cope. However, the season of good will has come at the right time! We all love a good Christmas story!
- Author BiographyThis is Ursula Rubery's debut novel for Primary or Elementary school children who are ready for some challenging vocabulary and ideas. Ursula has written three other children's books entitled 'Zachary's Bully', 'Level Nimbustion' and 'The Witch Romancer' together with two adult novels in the Bernie Bisto Mystery Series for mums and dads entitled 'The Garlic Murders' and 'Saving Hermione'. She also writes for a French Property Magazine and has written articles online and in print for the national press. As a former headteacher, Ursula has found Zachary's Christmas a joy to write.
- Author(s)Ursula Rubery
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.