All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book brings together three long-lost texts, the earliest kwn writings on Zen.-- Records of the Teachers and Students of the Lanka presents a complete set of biographies of the Zen patriarchs.-- Bodhidharma's Treatise on Contemplating Mind -- written in the form of a dialogue between the first Zen patriarch, Bodhidharma, and his successor, Huike -- views all the various practices of the Bodhisattva path from the perspective of cultivating mind.-- Treatise on Sudden Enlightenment presents a series of questions and answers illuminating the true nature of sudden enlightenment as pure, undifferentiated mind.Dating from the first half of the eighth century, and only recently rediscovered in Tun Huang, China, these books offer the best information currently available on the early meditation techniques of the rthern school of Zen Buddhism.
- Author BiographyJ. C. Cleary holds a Ph.D. in East Asian Languages and Civilizations from Harvard University. He has translated several books of Zen literature, including Zen Dawn.
- Author(s)J.C. Cleary
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1986
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight212 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.