All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $12.25Free postage
- AU $18.99Was:AU $21.99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionA simple and captivating story about a very important dog and a trombone-playing ant with extraordinary powers. A perfect gift for a friend or a loved one, Edward Monkton's most profound, quirky and inspirational illustrations are brought together once again in this exquisitely designed book. There was once a very IMPORTANT dog. He had a big office, a sharp suit, a fast car and the very snazziest of communications devices. One day, on his way to an extremely important meeting, the dog cast half a lobster sandwich into a dustbin. Ow! said an ant, appearing at the rim of the dustbin. What are you doing? I might ask the same of you, replied the dog indignantly. Well then, said the ant, wiping a dollop of mayonnaise from his forehead, I shall tell you. I was minding my own business and playing my trombone. That's ridiculous! laughed the dog. An ant playing a trombone! Not as ridiculous as a dog in a suit with a lobster sandwich, retorted the ant. And besides, in my trombone there is magic. In my trombone!lies the secret!of LIFE. Each book in this new series is an original story, charmingly illustrated, and created especially for this brand-new series of gift books. Hand-lettered in the same style as the Edward Monkton cards by the Really Good company, the books are wonderfully packaged with the utmost style and attention to detail to make these hugely desirable objects and perfect gifts for special occasions. These creations prove there is a universal and enduring audience for tales that inspire and touch hearts. Their philosophy is to heal, unite, amuse and delight in equal measures.
- Author BiographyEdward Monkton is the loveable and sage alter-ego of Purple Ronnie's creator whose delightful verses have gained immense appeal.
- Author(s)Edward Monkton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note20 b/w illus
- Weight190 g
- Width135 mm
- Height170 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.