All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Without a brush The willow paints the wind.' In a few words, haiku goes beneath surface appearance to grasp the heart of an experience. Each word is chosen to unlock a world of memories and associations. Haiku, like Zen, is an intensely personal experience. Jonathan Clements has selected the best of three centuries of haiku, including the work of classic poets such as Basho, Buson and Chiyo-Ni and rendered into English the elusive spiritual quality of the poems. Illustrated with carefully selected images from Japanese prints and paintings.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN CLEMENTS studied at the universities of Leeds, Cheng Chi, Kansai and Stirling. He speaks Chinese and Japanese, and was dubbed 'the medium's most sought after translator' by The Sunday Times for his work in Japanese animation. His previous books include The Little Book of Chinese Proverbs (Siena) and translations of Takeshi Maekawa's Journey to Mount Shen, Victory for the Spirit and Leap of Faith (Bloomsbury). He has worked as an oriental linguist and writer for the BBC, The Financial Times and The Guardian. Jonathan Clements lives in London, E11.
- Author(s)Jonathan Clements
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note39 archive illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width110 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.