All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching stories from world religions compiled from twenty-five years of spiritual teacher Lozowick's world-wide seminars. Parables and koans have been vivid, essential elements in all spiritual paths and religions for over three thousand years. Such stories make a more dynamic impression than religious scriptures, codes or laws because they are designed to shock listeners into paying attention. Consequently, the stories stick with us, revealing deeper layers of hidden meaning, evolving with our own spiritual maturity. The stories compiled here confound and challenge conventional religious seriousness. Read about the 'new' exploits of Tibetans Marpa and Milarepa; what Jesus said to St. Peter that the Gospels didn't record; why Zen master Nanzen cut his cat in half, and what it means for the year 2002; the uncensored love of Hindu poetess Mirabai for Lord Krishna.
- Author BiographyLee Lozowick has been teaching in the Western Baul tradition for over thirty years. He is the spiritual son of Yogi Ramsuratkumar, the Godchild of Tiruvannamalai, South India (1918-2001). Lee is also a poet and lyricist. He occasionally offers seminars in North America and Europe on spiritual life, relationships and parenting.
- Author(s)Lee Lozowick,Sylvan Incao
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Weight226 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Volume editorSylvan Incao
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.