CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionA full-length vel by a member of the Romanian literary avant-garde, Zebia is the evocation of the singular quest of a Surrealist knight-errant who strives to be true to the gentle demands of his lady in a landscape of snares, desolation, incipient madness, and material poverty magically interrupted by moments of extreme beauty. Love, in all its intimate, carnal communion, lights the path through the dark forest, the streets of Bucharest, and the desert swamps. The narrator, speaking from the depths of love and despair, invites the reader to share his quest.
- Author BiographyGellu Naum (August 1, 1915 September 29, 2001) was a prominent Romanian poet, dramatist, novelist, children's writer, and translator. He is remembered as the founder of the Romanian Surrealist group. The artist Lyggia Naum, his wife, was the inspiration and main character in his 1985 novel Zenobia.
- Author(s)Gellu Naum
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight230 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byJames Brook,Sasha Vlad
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.