All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWe all have moments where we wish to go back in time and savor a friendship, a special event or our first love. In this delightful book about coming of age in Downey, California, the author, called Billy in the 1950s, re-creates his unique childhood. For instance, halfway up the block was a magical tree. To an adult, it may have appeared ordinary, but its branches were a refuge where Billy pondered the trials of boyhood. There, like butterflies waltzing on the summer breeze, he fell in love with ten-year-old Patty. In the backyard of his friend, Dave, they dug World War I trenches, grew corn so high they couldn't see over it, and plied their imaginations to convert their shack into a pirate ship or general store. Dave and Billy were also serious cowboys, replete with cap pistols slung from both hips, ten-gallon hats resting on their ears, and Winchester rifles carved from scrap wood. Relive the magic of being a youngster struggling toward maturity with the whimsical, funny, and occasionally philosophical stories lurking in Zerbo Health Remover and other childhood reminiscences.
- Author(s)W L Lyons III
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.