Zero Night: The Untold Story of the Second World War's Most Daring Great Escape by Mark Felton (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by taroona123
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOflag VI-B, Warburg, Germany: On the night of 30 August 1942 - 'Zero Night' - 40 officers from Britain, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa staged the most audacious mass escape of the Second World War. It was the first 'Great Escape' - but instead of tunnelling, the escapers boldly went over the huge perimeter fences using wooden scaling contraptions. This was the torious 'Warburg Wire Job', described by fellow prisoner and fighter ace Douglas Bader as 'the most brilliant escape conception of this war'. Months of meticulous planning and secret training hung in the balance during three minutes of mayhem as prisoners charged the camp's double perimeter fences. Telling this remarkable story in full for the first time, historian Mark Felton brilliantly evokes the suspense of the escape itself and the adventures of those who eluded the Germans, as well as the courage of the civilians who risked their lives to help them in enemy territory. Fantastically intimate and told with a velist's eye for drama and detail, this is a rip-roaring adventure story, all the more thrilling for being true.
- Author BiographyMark Felton has written over a dozen books on prisoners of war, Japanese war crimes and Nazi war criminals, and writes regularly for magazines such as Military History Monthly and World War II. He is the author of Today is a Good Day to Fight, an acclaimed history of the American west, and Japan's Gestapo (named 'Best Book of 2009' by The Japan Times). His most recent book is China Station: The British Military in the Middle Kingdom, 1839-1997. Originally from Colchester, Dr Felton has returned to the UK after living for almost a decade in Shanghai, China. He is married with one son. Visit www.markfelton.co.uk.
- Author(s)Mark Felton
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Note16
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.