All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rewned classical scholar and archaeologist A. B. Cook (1868-1952) published the second volume of his monumental Zeus: A Study in Ancient Religion in two parts in 1925. The volume covers the theme of Zeus as god of lightning and thunder, an idea that became common during the classical period. Part II contains detailed appendixes and a comprehensive index for the volume. It offers a wealth of information, including primary sources, on Zeus' relationship with the god Kairos; mountain-cults; folk-tales and myths; and the various personas and manifestations of the god Zeus. It is beautifully illustrated with maps, diagrams, photographs, and engravings, including many images of pottery, statues, busts, friezes and ancient coins. A treasure-trove of primary texts, both Greek and Latin, epigraph material and archaeological data, this magnificent work remains an indispensable tool for students and scholars of classics, mythology and ancient religion.
- Author(s)A. B. Cook
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Classics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note236 b/w illus. 3 colour illus.
- Weight800 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.