Zinc Oxide, A Material for Micro- and Optoelectronic Applications: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Zinc Oxide as a Material for Micro- and Optoelectronic Applications, Held in St. Petersburg, Russia, from 23 to 25 June 2004 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2005)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, a significant effort has been devoted to the investigation of ZnO as a suitable semiconductor for UV light-emitting diodes, lasers, and detectors and hetero-substrates for GaN. Research is driven t only by the techlogical requirements of state-of-the-art applications but also by the lack of a fundamental understanding of growth processes, the role of intrinsic defects and dopants, and the properties of hydrogen. The NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Zinc oxide as a material for micro- and optoelectronic applications , held from June 23 to June 25 2004 in St. Petersburg, Russia, was organized accordingly and started with the growth of ZnO. A variety of growth methods for bulk and layer growth were discussed. These techniques comprised growth methods such as closed space vapor transport (CSVT), metal-organic chemical vapor deposition, reactive ion sputtering, and pulsed laser deposition. From a structural point of view using these growth techniques ZnO can be fabricated ranging from single crystalline bulk material to polycrystalline ZnO and nawhiskers. A major aspect of the ZnO growth is doping. n-type doping is relatively easy to accomplish with elements such al Al or Ga. At room temperature single crystal ZnO exhibits a resistivity of about 0. 3 -cm, an electron mobility of 2 17 -3 225 cm /Vs, and a carrier concentration of 10 cm . In n-type ZnO two shallow dors are observable with activation energies of 30 - 40 meV and 60 - 70 meV.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/08/2005
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleNATO Science Series II
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 194
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEvgenii Terukov,Norbert H. Nickel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.