Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn Curt Leviant s wry, funny tales of love and desire set in various locales the deep South, Boston, New York, Italy, Israel the protagonists are men, women, guys and gals of various backgrounds and ages. Some are teenagers; others are students, writers, salesmen, teachers; there s even a great-grandfather in the mix. We meet Holocaust survivors, a pretty petty thief, a playwright, students on vacation, a Polish gentile woman in love with Jewish history, a n-Jewish Holocaust historian, a book salesman, a Yiddish artist, a synagogue architect, a secretary at Harvard, and other delectable characters.What unites all these disparate people is the universal desire for love and affection some claw, some snag, others just wait. And some even succeed.Leviant s newest collection stands alongside his substantial oeuvre in the vein of Bellow, Singer, Kafka a place they re likely to remain for a long, long time.
- Author BiographyCurt Leviant is the author of seven critically acclaimed novels. His stories have appeared in many American magazines and have been included in Best American Stories and Prize Stories: the O. Henry Awards and other anthologies.
- Author(s)Curt Leviant
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.