All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 2011, and what starts as a pervasive and inexplicable illness ends up as a zombie infestation that devastates the world's population, leaving scattered pockets of humans fighting for survival. Taking the form of an illustrated biologist's journal found in the aftermath of the attack, this pulse-pounding, suspenseful tale of zombie apocalypse follows the narrator as he flees from city to countryside heading rth to Canada, where - he hopes - the undead will be slowed by colder climate. Encountering scattered humans and scores of infected on the way, he fills his tebook with graphic drawings of the zombies and careful observations of their behavior (are the zombies actually learning?), along with terrifying tales of survival. This original new entry to the massively popular zombie resurgence will keep fans on the edge of their seats to the very end. The character's background as a biologist (and amateur birdwatcher) give him the interests and abilities to tice (and draw/paint/record) interesting things about the zombies. The journal is kept in the quiet times at night in shelters between eventful zombie attacks and escapes and run-ins with good and t-so-good human survivors. He also discovers what may be the root cause of the infection in the remains of a shattered laboratory. The title is illustrated page-by-page with detailed gory realistic depictions of zombies and zombie mayhem, with accompanying journal accounts and scientific observations.
- Author BiographySeattle-based writer and filmmaker Don Roff and Oakland, California-based illustrator Chris Lane share an abiding taste in the macabre. This is their first collaboration. Don Roff is a writer and filmmaker. In addition to his two short films, 'A Night in the Life of a Vampire' and 'The Weird World of Mushroom Madness,' he has authored a number of young-adult books for Scholastic, Inc., including 'Scary Stories' (2006), 'Tales of Terror' (2007), and 'True Scary Stories' (2007). In 2006 Roff received the Zola Award for screenwriting from the Pacific Northwest Writers Association. He lives in Seattle. Chris Lane is an Oakland, California-based illustrator. Clients include Intel Coporation, Scrambler Books, Esquire, Seattle Metropolitan, Kitchen Sink, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Nexus Gallery, the Raptor Trust, Rock Paper Scissors, and the LoBot Gallery.
- Author(s)Chris Lane,Don Roff
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteFull colour images
- Weight581 g
- Width203 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.