All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fanciful nautical adventure stars a winsome cat named Zoom who stays indoors paddling in the sink or sailing in the bathtub all night when other self-respecting cats are out mousing and howling at the moon. One day Zoom finds in his Uncle Roy's diary a map of the sea and how to get there, which leads him to the huge house of the beautiful Maria. When, with the turn of a large wheel, mysterious Maria launches him on a wonderful sea voyage, the first of Zoom s adventures begins.
- Author BiographyTim Wynne-Jones is one of Canada's foremost writers for children. The author of over thirty books, he is a two-time winner of the Governor General's Award, as well as a two-time winner of the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award and of the Arthur Ellis Award. He is the recipient of many other prizes at home and internationally including the Edgar Award and the Vicky Metcalf Award for a Body of Work. In 2012 he was made an Officer to the Order of Canada. He lives in Perth, Ontario. Eric Beddows is a renowned illustrator who has won many awards, including the Governor General's Award for The Rooster's Gift, the Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Award for the Zoom books, and the International Ezra Jack Keats Award Bronze Medal. He has also had numerous one-man shows of his artwork. He lives in Stratford, Ontario.
- Author(s)Tim Wynne-Jones
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width267 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eric Bellows
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.