All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of such great works as Their Eyes Were Watching God, Moses, Man of the Mountain, Jonah's Gourd Vine, Mules and Men, as well as essays, folklore, short stories, poetry, and more, Zora Neale Hurston is regarded as one of the pillars of the Harlem Renaissance, as well as one of the most important and influential African American writers of the past century. Here, Plant offers a biography of the literary master that takes her spirituality into account in both her life and her works in order to shape a fuller picture of the woman, the writer, the philosopher, and the spirit that animated this gifted American author.
- Author BiographyDeborah G. Plant is associate professor and chair of the Department of Africana Studies at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. She is author of Every Tub Must Sit on its Own Bottom: The Philosophy and Politics of Zora Neale Hurston.
- Author(s)Deborah G. Plant
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/01/2011
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.