All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionOne aspect of the Zulu War remains largely unexamined: the important part played by the local white volunteers and irregulars (who provided the bulk of the cavalry), and the Africans fighting with the British against the Zulus. This book tells the colourful and exciting story of these locally raised frontier units - particularly the volunteer and irregular cavalry - at Isandlwana and several other dramatic battles of the Zulu War. Ian Castle's primary research in South African archives has uncovered many fascinating details and rare photographs, some of which have never been published before.
- Author BiographyIan Castle is a founder member of the Napoleonic Association, and is still very involved in their activities both in Britain and mainland Europe. Ian began writing over ten years ago and besides having numerous articles published in military magazines and journals, he has written or co-written eight books, four of which for the Osprey Campaign series. Raffaele Ruggeri was born in 1964 in Bologna where he still lives and works. After studying at the Fine Arts Academy he worked in several areas of graphics and design before deciding to devote himself to illustration. He has long been interested in military history and has illustrated a number of books for Osprey including, MAA 269 The Ottoman Army 1914-18, and MAA 309 The Italian Invasion of Abyssinia 1935-36.
- Author(s)Ian Castle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.388
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 8 colour illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Raffaele Ruggeri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.