All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the explosive follow-up to Zulu Zulu Golf, covering Arn Durand's next few years in Koevoet, the most deadly fighting force involved in the Border War. After moving to the unit Zulu Foxtrot, Durand went deeper into Angola than before and was involved in more contacts with the enemy, which he describes in nerve-shattering detail. Balancing the action is a dramatic human story, as Durand faces the tragic death of his commander, Frans Conradie, one of the pioneers of Koevoet, who had become a mentor to him. Written in the same gripping, velistic style as its predecessor, Zulu Zulu Foxtrot recreates the experience of being in the heat of battle and delves more deeply into the psyche of the modern warrior.
- Author BiographyArn Durand was born in Chloorkop near Kempton Park in 1961 and grew up in Durban. In 1982 he became a member of the notorious Special Ops K ('Koevoet') at Oshakati in northern Namibia. During the six years that he served, he engaged in 127 contacts with the enemy, SWAPO. He was ambushed many times and survived three anti-tank mine explosions. Today he works as a tour guide, and he is the author of Zulu Zulu Golf.
- Author(s)Arn Durand
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintZebra Press
- Weight355 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.