All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionA graphic vel depicting the Zulu War of 1879 which led to a catastrophic defeat for the British followed by an incredible and heroic stand of epic proportions is told in gripping narrative fashion in this illustrated vel. As the mighty British empire forced the region of South Africa into war, the famed Zulu nation, first formed under the brilliant yet cruel Shaka-Zulu, inflicted the first blow---a devastating massacre which shook the entire world to its core. The next day, a small garrison at Roarke's Drift felt the onslaught of the Zulu army but in one of the most revered last stands, the occupiers managed to hold off the Zulus and were awarded more Victorian Crosses than any battle had been before. This is the story of the two battles...one that proved Britain was longer invincible and the other which led to the demise of the Zulu Empire. .. .a well-written recounting of the Zulu War of 1879. .. gets behind the story to analyze its root causes, the battles of the war, and its long-lasting effects... - Atomic Avenue. Wayne Reid always delivers great art appropriate to any setting. - Rafael Nieves, Author of Tales From the Heart and Edgar Allan Poe's The Bells. This is how history should be told. Educational, enlightening, and enjoyable. ---Robert W. Scott, Checking the Shelves.
- Author BiographyGARY REED was the founder and owner of Caliber Comics, an independent publisher that introduced the world to a number of today's top creators. At Caliber, he also launched the imprint of Tome Press that was a line of comics that dealt with historical, biographical, and literary works. After moving from Caliber, Gary concentrated on his freelance writing and has a number of high profile projects such as graphic novels for Penguin, a young adult novel for Actionopolis, and collections of his Caliber projects such as Saint Germaine, Renfield, and Red Diaries. In addition to a host of projects that can be found on his website, Gary spends his free time as a biology instructor at community colleges in his Detroit/Ann Arbor home. WAYNE REID is known for his historical depictions in various comics including Zulunation, El Cid, Camelot Eternal, and others. He has worked on many comics from various publishers but his closest affinity has been with Caliber Comics and has illustrated a wide variety of material ranging from H.P. Lovecraft to Sherlock Holmes to westerns. In addition to his artistic talents, Wayne is a professional musician and has traveled the world including a stint as a member of the Barbara Mandrell band. He lives in North Carolina with his family.
- Author(s)Gary Reed,Wayne Reid
- PublisherCaliber Comics
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCaliber Comics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.