Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis clean, romantic thriller asks, What happens when childhood sweethearts reconnect in middle age? Can they overcome the chasm of years spent apart and find lasting happiness even when their long-awaited honeymoon cruise is disrupted by a band of cutthroat pirates? Pastor's widow, Bunny Elder remarries first love, Max, and sets sail for the Great Barrier Reef on a honeymoon trip certain to give the couple plenty of time to talk out separate pasts and disparate life styles, as their 36' sloop cuts through the waves toward Australia. The new bride distrusts the open sea, but commits to the journey to please Max. Her sacrifice is rewarded with romance and adventure, but little real communication until the newlyweds drift into the path of a hijacked cruise ship and are seized by seagoing marauders. Once aboard the ship, Max and Bunny must work as a team in order to survive and help the other prisoners escape the clutches of this band of ocean-going terrorists. Will Bunny's faith instill courage in her fellow travelers? Can Max's fledgling relationship with God withstand this new test, or will he revert to his previous rugged self-reliance and scuttle the couple's second chance at marital happiness? Christians and n-believers, alike, get a glimpse into the struggles of ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances while trying to live their faith in spite of weakness and doubt.
- Author BiographyRaised in the northern end of the Sacramento Valley in California, J.B.Hawker's early life was framed by mountain ranges. While her physical vistas were bounded on almost every side, her imagination was free to soar without limits. After twenty years serving small churches from Alaska to South Dakota as a pastor's wife, she returned to her California roots to start over in mid-life as a single business woman and author. J.B. has published many articles on faith and ministry. Hollow, the first book in the Bunny Elder series, was her first published fiction. J.B. has three grown sons. Her oldest, the father of her three beautiful granddaughters, lives in northern Italy, the setting of the second book in the series, Vain Pursuits. Book three, Seadrift, featuring the on-going adventures of Bunny and Max takes Bunny to the Oregon coast where J.B. spent many years.
- Author(s)J B Hawker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.