All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreate four mobile apps and explore the world through photography and computer vision About This Book * Efficiently harness iOS and OpenCV to capture and process high-quality images at high speed * Develop photographic apps and augmented reality apps quickly and easily * Detect, recognize, and morph faces and objects Who This Book Is For If you want to do computational photography and computer vision on Apple's mobile devices, then this book is for you. No previous experience with app development or OpenCV is required. However, basic kwledge of C++ or Objective-C is recommended. What You Will Learn * Use Xcode and Interface Builder to develop iOS apps * Obtain OpenCV's standard modules and build extra modules from source * Control all the parameters of the iOS device's camera * Capture, save, and share photos and videos * Analyze colors, shapes, and textures in ordinary and specialized photographs * Blend and compare images to create special photographic effects and augmented reality tools * Detect faces and morph facial features * Classify coins and other objects In Detail iOS Application Development with OpenCV 3 enables you to turn your smartphone camera into an advanced tool for photography and computer vision. Using the highly optimized OpenCV library, you will process high-resolution images in real time. You will locate and classify objects, and create models of their geometry. As you develop photo and augmented reality apps, you will gain a general understanding of iOS frameworks and developer tools, plus a deeper understanding of the camera and image APIs. After completing the book's four projects, you will be a well-rounded iOS developer with valuable experience in OpenCV. Style and approach The book is practical, creative, and precise. It shows you the steps to create and customize five projects that solve important problems for beginners in mobile app development and computer vision. Complete source code and numerous visual aids are included in each chapter. Experimentation is an important part of the book. You will use computer vision to explore the real world, and then you will refine the projects based on your findings.
- Author BiographyJoseph Howse lives in Canada. During the cold winters, he grows a beard and his four cats grow thick coats of fur. He combs the cats every day. Sometimes the cats pull his beard. Joseph has been writing for Packt Publishing since 2012. His books include OpenCV for Secret Agents, OpenCV 3 Blueprints, Android Application Programming with OpenCV 3, iOS Application Development with OpenCV 3, Learning OpenCV 3 Computer Vision with Python, and Python Game Programming by Example. When he is not writing books or grooming cats, Joseph provides consulting, training, and software development services through his company, Nummist Media (http://nummist.com/).
- Author(s)Joseph Howse
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.