Shop by Featured Refinements
Hot This Week
- Vintage Tasmania Apple Case Labels-B set (12)AU $19.00Almost gone
- Nautical Marine Shiny Brass Wheel Ship Bell~Wall Hanging Door Bell Home DecorAU $44.994 left
- Silver Acid Testing Solution to Test for the Purity of 925 sterling / 800 testerAU $15.505 left
- SET OF 2 CLOCK WINDING KEYS - ALL SIZES BRASS SPIDER STAR PAIR - ODD AND EVENAU $11.164 sold
- 100 x Clock taper pins steel brass assorted mix sizes pin tapered repairs partsAU $12.623 sold
- 10ml Watch oil & 10ml clock Lubricant servicing repairing horology ToolAU $7.602 sold
- walking stick in wood and PEWTER DRAGON knobAU $75.751 sold
- eGo CE4 Starter Clearomizer Pen E-Shishas Starter Eatomizer 650mAh USB ChargerAU $7.031 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- Antique Vintage Genuine Cameo Brooch Pendant Stunning Features Free PostAU $35.00Free postageMake Offer
Antiques have a story to tell. Unlike new items that come straight from the factory, antiques have lived a life and grown more beautiful with age. Just like art, the beauty of any antique is subjective. What one person may find attractive, another may find unattractive and unappealing. Does this matter? It depends on the reason for buying an antique. Some people love to collect antiques because they like the way they look. Other people choose to have antiques around the house because they provide interesting design elements and often become talking pieces. For those antique collectors, it’s usually more about looks and design rather than value. Yes, antiques are old, but not all of them are valuable. Does that matter when they are only being chosen for their looks? Not really. If an antique lover likes a certain piece, then how much it would sell for isn’t really an issue. On the other hand, there are plenty of antique collectors who buy antiques for their potential value. This may mean those antiques are valuable now, or they have the potential to become valuable in the future. For antique collectors who buy antiques for their value, it pays to know what to look for. That means knowing what style of antiques are on-trend and selling for more money, which antiques are likely to hold their value over time, and which antiques are real – and which are fake.
Buying Antiques Online
Home to a vast array of antiques, eBay is an antique buyer’s delight. Allowing for easy searchability over a range of antique categories, this is the place to find unique pieces for their beauty or their value. From antique manuscripts and antique decorative arts, to art nouveau antiques and Asian antiques, buyers can select from a huge range of antique options and buy online. What should buyers be aware of when buying antiques online? Just the same as buying antiques in person, there are certain factors to consider when buying antiques online. Look for any damage or wear in the photos, check for marks of authenticity, and read the seller’s description carefully for more information.