What You Need to Know About the Apple Watch Series 3
The Apple Watch Series 3 is not just a stylish timepiece but a portable smart device on your wrist. By purchasing a used Apple Watch Series 3, you can keep track of your daily workouts and activities anywhere you go. First released on September 22nd, 2017, the Series 3 is the third generation of the Apple Watch series you can buy on eBay.Does the Series 3 watch have cellular functionality?
There are two main versions of the Series 3 watch: a GPS version and a GPS and cellular version. The cellular version of the watch supports LTE connectivity from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T in the United States. If you want the freedom to choose your own carrier, then you can purchase an unlocked version as well. To activate cellular connectivity on your watch, however, you must first have an iPhone. You will also need to use the same carrier between the two devices.What are some additional features of a new or used Series 3 watch?
The Apple Watch Series 3 is automatically equipped with the following features out of the box.
- Fitness tracking: The Series 3 watch enables you to closely monitor advanced statistics, such as heart rate, calories burned, and running cadence. Convenient visualizations will show you at a glance how much you are standing, moving, or exercising throughout the day.
- GymKit: GymKit enables your watch to sync up with compatible cardio equipment to keep a more accurate record of your workout statistics at the gym.
- Storage: The watch has plenty of room for apps and workout data. The GPS only version has a storage capacity of 8 GB, while the cellular version has a storage capacity of 16 GB.
- Voice recognition: The Siri voice recognition system allows you to send messages or control apps with your voice.
- Water resistance: The Series 3 is water-resistant to a depth of 50 meters below the surface. That makes it ideal for swimming in shallow water though not for scuba diving or waterskiing.
- Wireless connectivity: The Series 3 can connect to the internet or other devices through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2.
Alongside the standard Series 3 watch, Apple released a special Nike+ version that features a unique edge-to-edge watch face, a new digital crown, more accurate internal sensors, and a redesigned band. With special input from Nike, the watch is designed for runners who want to collect more workout statistics and access a full library of guest coaches through the special software that comes with the device.