Blank Media Sleeve
A blank media sleeve is a safe and practical way to store things like CDs and DVDs to prevent them from damage, scratched or exposed to sunlight. As the surface of a CD and DVD is quite sensitive, it's important to store them correctly and away from potential damage. These sleeves are quite compact which allows for more space in storage and their blank cover allows people to label and design them as they wish. There are many different types of media sleeves including DVD sleeves, cardboard CD sleeves, plastic CD sleeves, and paper CD sleeves, depending on your preference for storage and use.
What Can You Use A Media Sleeve For?
Blank media sleeves mainly serve two types of media, CDs and DVDs. There are many reasons why someone might want to use one of these products to hold their media, including:
- Replacement sleeve: If you've lost the original cover or case for your DVD or CD then a blank sleeve is the best way to store it and label it for identification.
- Storage: To keep your CDs and DVDs stored away in a compact manner these lightweight sleeves are ideal.
- Protection: Using DVD and CD sleeves keep your media safe from scratches, sunlight, dust, debris, and other types of damage that can harm their sensitive surface.
- Distribution: Those selling DVDs and CDs for business purposes can use a blank sleeve to distribute the media, giving them the option to add further designs, text, or images to the cover.
What Types of Sleeves Are There?
There are a few options for how to store your CDs and DVDs in a blank media sleeve, and each type of materials offers its own advantages. These are a few common materials that make these sleeves:
- Plastic: A plastic CD sleeve can be just a thin piece of plastic or something sturdier like a blank CD case.
- Paper: These are an affordable option and are ideal for when you're storing bulk media.
- Cardboard: A cardboard CD sleeve is more durable than paper and usually also features a plastic cover to see what is inside.
- Fabric: Some sleeves feature a mix of both plastic and a soft, protective fabric that prevents them from scratching.