Choosing the Right Christmas Costumes for Dogs
If you’re a proud pet parent, you might like to dress your puppy up in costumes. Halloween isn’t the only opportunity to play dress-up; you can also use a dog Christmas costume to celebrate the winter holidays. The only challenge is choosing between the different adorable options.Types of affordable Christmas outfits for dogs
Some of the different yuletide costume options for dogs are:
- Elf: A dog elf costume turns your pup into a fanciful creature with pointed ears. Some styles include tiny shoes with pointed toes, and others come with fun shirts and hats.
- Santa: The classic dog Santa costume features Old Saint Nick's iconic red and white hat as well as his red vest with white trim. Some options include tiny black Santa boots for your dog’s paws or a hilarious elastic Santa beard.
- Angel: These costumes often come with wings and a halo. They’re ideal for dogs that don’t like clothing; most fasten with a simple elastic band, keeping the components well out of your pup’s reach.
- Reindeer: This is another classic dog Christmas outfit. A dog reindeer costume might be as simple as a set of antlers that fastens to your puppy’s head. You can also find full-body reindeer costumes with hoods and sewn-in antlers.
No. In most cases, a Christmas dog costume is designed to fit a specific dog size. It’s important to select the right size, especially if your pet is very small or very large. The same goes if you’re choosing sweaters or other items that fit around your dog’s body; a good fit keeps your pet comfortable and helps them walk. Usually, dog costumes come in sizes ranging from small to extra large. If you’re not sure, it’s a good idea to measure your pet and check the results against the sizing in the listing. See the manufacturer site for details.What brands make new and preowned Christmas costumes for dogs?
Some of the brands that manufacture holiday costumes for your dog are:
- SimplyShe: This brand makes a variety of cute costumes for dogs and other animals. Their designs focus on fun, feminine Christmas items that can be worn separately or as sets.
- Petco: This well-known pet store manufactures Christmas costumes for dogs of all sizes. Choose from accessories such as Santa hats, or go for a full costume for dogs who can tolerate clothing.
- Holiday Time: This Christmas-focused brand makes a variety of decorations and festive pieces, including dog costumes. Holiday Time’s costumes are usually vibrant and colourful, in keeping with the company’s decorations.