Shop by Featured Refinements
Save on Dental Equipment
- Dental High Speed Digital Capsule Mixer Amalgamator Amalgam 40W 4200RPM Lab EquiAU $111.09Trending at AU $113.52
- 3.5X 420mm Dental Surgical Binocular Loupes Glasses + LED Head light Lamp + BoxAU $62.99Trending at AU $64.02
- Dental Portable Turbine Unit Wall Mount with Air Compressor Triplex SyringeAU $127.77Trending at AU $129.80
- AU Dental Lab Portable Turbine Unit B2 Air Turbine Compressor with 3 Way SyringAU $116.99Trending at AU $175.34
- 4 Hole Dental Portable Turbine Unit + Low Speed Kit + High Speed HandpieceAU $145.08Trending at AU $153.72
- 1 Kit Dental Curing Light Flowable Composite Resin A1 Restoration Repair DentexAU $15.09Trending at AU $17.69
- New Kerr Maxcem Elite Self-Etch Self-Adhesive Resin Dental CementAU $61.90Trending at AU $65.14
- 5000 Pcs/bag Dental Orthodontic Elastics Bands Fox Force 1/4 3.5 oz.100gm AzdentAU $23.05Trending at AU $23.91
Hot This Week
- DENTAL TARTAR PLAQUE CALCULUS TOOTH SCRAPER SCALER REMOVER MIRROR TOOL SET KITAU $6.2924 sold
- 16 Holes Dental Bur Holder Burs Block Autoclave Disinfection Box Equipment -1pcsAU $5.0320 sold
- 10* Dental Diamond Burs Flat-end Tapered Medium FG 1.6mm H-Speed Handpiece TF-41AU $3.9920 sold
- Stainless Steel Dental Mathieu Ligature Placing Plier Orthodontic InstrumentAU $11.5619 sold
- 8 Pcs Dental Resin Base Acrylic Polishing Burs Drill Polisher Rotary Tools HPAU $9.3915 sold
- DENTAL INSTRUMENTS SCRAPER MIRROR SCALER PICK TARTER PLAQUE REMOVER KIT/SET/TOOLAU $6.2913 sold
- 50Pcs Disposable Impression Mixing Tip 51M Yellow Silicone Rubber For DentalAU $7.8912 sold
- Black Iron Triangle Tee Hinge Shed Door Garden Wooden Gate 4''/6''/8''/10''/12''AU $1.9912 sold
- Kd-202A-6 Surgical Head Light Medical Lamp Led 5W Hyper Power Headlight QAU $340.63
- Fd-501K 330Mm Magnifying Glasses Magnifier Binocular Kepler Frame Loupe 5.0X LAU $345.82
- new Dental Unit Chair Computer Controlled Hard leather C3 DC Motor 110V/ 220VAU $2,355.84Was: Previous priceAU $2,647.01
- Magnifying Glasses 330Mm Binocular Kepler Head Band Loupe Magnifier 5.0X YAU $378.36
- 18L Autoclave Sterilizer Dental Set with Data Printer Class-B for AU DentistryAU $2,264.79Was: Previous priceAU $2,383.99
- Dental Lab Pressure Moulding Unit Machine Forming Plastic Sheet Orthodontic BracAU $1,899.99Was: Previous priceAU $1,999.99
- Dental EMS Scaler Piezon BUILT-IN KITS HANDPIECE General Tooth Cleaning PiezonAU $999.00
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- 6PCS Dental Tools Teeth Cleaning Kits Mirror Scraper Pick Scaler TweezerAU $12.99Free postageMake Offer
- Dental Loupes Surgical Binocular glasses 3.5x 420mm LED Head Light lampAU $63.25Free postageMake Offer
- DENTAL INSTRUMENT KIT TARTAR SCRAPER SCALE PICK MIRROR PLAQUE REMOVE FLOSSAU $14.95Free postageMake Offer
Dental tools and equipment are the instruments used by dental professionals during examination, treatment, restoration, manipulation and teeth removal for their patients. These instruments are often handheld or rotary. However, some are ultrasonic or fibre optic light source equipment. Most dental instruments are not disposable but are cleaned and sterilised after each use with an autoclave.
Dental Instruments Used for Examination
Dental examination instruments include mouth mirrors, which are used to get a close up look at the teeth from all angles and sometimes to pull back the tongue for better examination. They also include various types of probes such as the straight probe, which is used to examine cavities. The Briault probe is used to confirm the connection between the dentine, the enamel and the periodontal probe, which is often used to determine the depth of gum pockets and other measurements.
Dental Instruments for Manipulating Tissues and Deposits
These dental instruments include scalers, which are used to remove tartar from the surface and between teeth. They also include excavators for removing temporary fillings and dentine, as well as chisels, hatchets and hoes to remove unwanted enamel when preparing a cavity for filling. If the unwanted enamel is not removed, the filling may not last as long.
Dental Instruments for Manipulating Filling Materials
Plastic instruments refer to flat blades that are used to transfer and contour filling materials that does not require heavy pressure. These instruments are ironically often made from stainless steel, or coated with titanium nitride or a thin layer of Teflon. Pluggers, also called condensers are also in this category and are used to compress and form the filling material. These types of filling are generally metal or amalgam, which requires heavy pressure during application.
Low Speed Handpieces
Low speed handpieces are available in two main types. The contra-angle handpiece is generally used within the mouth, but the straight handpiece is used to make adjustments to trimmings before they are put in the mouth. While these instruments do have low speeds ranging from 400 to 40,000 RPMs, they do have a higher torque than air rotors. These low speed handpieces use an electric or air motor, which can spin both directions unlike the air rotor.</p>