The range of different cooktops on the market is incredible. With everything from an induction stove to a gas griddle to an LPG griddle, it can seem impossible to choose a cooktop that is right for your needs. Ultimately, you need to think about exactly what you want to cook on it, and then what type of cooktop is going to be the best for this. If you are planning on cooking a lot of food, then consider some commercial kitchen equipment (including a commercial hot plate) to make the process faster and easier.
What Size Gas Hotplate Should I Choose?
Really, the right size of gas hotplate will depend on your needs and on what you plan on using it for. For example, if you need something to cook your food while you are camping or travelling, you probably wouldn't go for a commercial flat top grill. Instead, you would probably choose a smaller camping cooker or caravan stove that for travelling. In the same way, you wouldn't use a little camping stove if you regularly have to cook for a large number of people for events or gatherings.
Should I Go for a Commercial Gas Hotplate?
While it might be tempting to choose a commercial gas hotplate or restaurant grill, you need to think about the following things first:
- Do you really need a commercial cooker?
- Can you afford a commercial hotplate?
- Do you have space for a commercial hotplate?
If you answer no to any of the above questions, then you should consider a cooker that is for home use, rather than a commercial one.
What Should I Be Careful of When Selecting a Gas Hotplate?
Watch out for a few key issues when you settle on one of these. They can include:
- Pay attention to the condition of the hotplate, especially if it is second-hand.
- Make sure that it has the necessary fittings included.
- Make sure that it comes from a reliable manufacturer.
- Note the dimensions before deciding, and make sure that it will fit in your kitchen (or wherever else you plan on putting it).