Gretsch Drum Kits
Gretsch Drums are from American manufacturer of musical instruments that includes guitars and basses. The brand takes its name from German founder Friedrich Gretsch, who made banjos, drums and tambourines. Gretsch is in partnership with another well-known company, Fender Musical Instruments Corp. From 2002, Fender manages the operations but Gretsch retains ownership.
What Are Some Models of Drum Kits Available?
Here are some Gretsch drums to choose from:
- Gretsch Brooklyn. This model comes out of a US factory. The sound is distinctly Gretsch but even more improved. The make is 6-ply North American maple or polar shells cut thicker than the USA custom drums the company makes. You get 30-degree bearing edges. The shells have a classic Gretsch Silver Sealer. The interior labels the model and serial number.
- Gretsch Catalina. This classic model is traditional in configurations and contemporary in hardware innovations. This 14-inch bass drum gives out punchy and warm classic tones. The shells are classic mahogany and natural shell interiors.
- Gretsch Renown. A versatile drum set. It accommodates sensitive strokes and brings out the intensity and softness you want on your drum playing all the while maintaining vibrant tones and clarity. Hear crisp and true 50's to 90's sounds on this set. This features a 7-ply Gretsch designed maple shell, 30-degree bearing edges as well as the exclusive Silver Sealer interiors. The lighter and less rigid “302” hoop adds better resonance and breath. Bring out harmonic, versatile and open tones on this type of Gretsch professional drum sets and kits.
- Gretsch Broadkaster. This model has been in production from the 20's to the 50's. It was the flagship drum for Gretsch that identified “That Great Gretsch Sound” drummers loved. The make is North American maple/poplar/maple. Each shell has an interior-ply scarf joint to support the thin, musical shells. The shell has the reverse roundover bearing edge. This makes for a reliable surface contact between the bearing edge and the drumhead.
What Accessory Bags Available?
Here are some selections:
- Gretsch Deluxe Snare Bags. These allow easy and safe transports. Units have paddings, interior dividers and external pockets.
- Gretsch Deluxe Rolling Bags. These conveniently transport and protect your full hardware set.
- Gretsch Deluxe Stick Bags. These organise your sticks, mallet and brushes in one stylish bag.
How do you care for your drums?
Remember to wipe off any polish you apply, especially on the cymbals. Changing temperatures and humidity levels affect drums. They need retightening from time to time.