Save on Hand Tools
- Bahco # 4750-ETK Electricians Pouch with Tools and Quick Release BeltAU $159.00Trending at AU $171.95
- Electric Rivet Nut Gun Cordless Riveting Drill Adaptor Insert Tool + Wrench SetAU $26.02Trending at AU $34.91
- Pocket Thickness Measurement Gauge Gage Tool 0 to 20mm J5K8AU $5.28Trending at AU $5.45
- KC Tools 4 Piece Pry Bar Set - 08330AU $43.90Trending at AU $46.46
- 13 Pcs Tamper Proof Torx Star Bit Socket Set 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 inch Drive T8 C4D1AU $17.05Trending at AU $17.83
- Stamps Letters Alphabet Set Punch Steel Metal Tool Case Craft HotAU $28.02Trending at AU $30.23
- Adjustable Four-Sided Folding Measuring Tool Multi-Angle Template Scale RulerAU $3.78Trending at AU $6.84
- Z 1/2-14 NPT 60 Degree Pipe Thread 4 Flutes 75mm Length HSS Plug Tap R7Y3AU $6.83Trending at AU $7.02
Limited Time Deals
- BULLET 118pc Tool Box Kit Set Cantilever Toolbox Drill Sockets Wrench SpannersAU $89.00was -AU $199.00 | 55% OFF
- UNIMAC Engraving ToolAU $34.95was -AU $79.00 | 55% OFF
- 4pc Solid Steel Prying KitAU $26.90was -AU $39.00 | 31% OFF
- 3 in 1 Tube Pipe BenderAU $24.90was -AU $31.50 | 20% OFF
- BULLET 117 Piece Metric Tool Kit Chest Box Home Mechanic DIY Tool Set DrawerAU $129.00was -AU $339.00 | 61% OFF
- BULLET 1000 Piece Metric Tool Cabinet Trolley + Chest 2-in-1 DIY Box Set KitAU $379.00was -AU $799.00 | 52% OFF
- BULLET 881 Piece Metric Tool KitAU $209.00was -AU $499.00 | 58% OFF
- Tarp Repair Kit with 200 GROMMETSAU $27.90was -AU $49.00 | 43% OFF
Hot This Week
- Stainless Steel Copper Wire Brass Briste Wood Handle Wire Scratch Brush 210mmAU $1.0048 sold
- OLFA 18mm Heavy Duty Ratchet-Lock Utility Knife L-1AU $7.9033 sold
- Top Quality 1 x 18mm Box Cutter Retractable Snap Off Blade Utility Knife StanleyAU $2.8030 sold
- 5 Pairs Cotton White Soft Gloves Costume Jewellery Handling Work Hands ProtectorAU $7.2526 sold
- 4pcs Steel Broken Speed Out Damaged Screw Extractor Drill Bit Remover Guide SetAU $5.9226 sold
- 5 IN 1 Multifunction Gauge Stud Finder + Distance Meter + Laser Level KC-109AAU $39.9924 sold
- 4mm/5mm/6mm Magnetic Tool Magnetization Ring Screw Driver Magnetizer ScrewdriverAU $1.0024 sold
- 1Pc Portable Telescopic Magnet Magnetic Pen Pick Up Rod Stick Handheld ToolsAU $1.6523 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- 149pcs DIY Ladies Tool Kit, Pink, NEW WITH Hammer, Pliers + MoreAU $33.00Free postageMake Offer
- Automatic Auto Center Centre Punch Spring Loaded Professional NewAU $8.20Free postageMake Offer
- 20 PC PCS T HANDLE HEX KEY SET METRIC AND SAE ALLEN WRENCH stock backAU $29.90Free postageMake Offer
- Smart Caulk Silicone Sealant Caulking Grout Edge Removal Tool for Corners 4P FA1AU $8.41+AU $0.29 postageMake Offer
- T HANDLE HEX KEY SET 10 PCS METRIC ALLEN WRENCH 2 -10 mm ALLAN KEYS WRENCHAU $18.50Free postageMake Offer
If you are working with copper tubing or any other thin-walled tubing for your applications and need to widen the ends to join wires together, normal pliers just won't do. You need an industrial implement that can get the job done efficiently and safely - that's where a swaging tool can help you.
A swaging tool is used to widen the end of your tube so that you can increase the inside diameter to allow for another tube to enter before the soldering process. When performed correctly and using the right technique, it can be a quick and reliable way to get the job done.
How do you use a swaging tool?
Despite its heavy duty application, it is a surprisingly lightweight construction. Due to its size, a swaging tool needs a two handed operation and is best positioned on the floor to maximise strength of the user. A swaging tool will work best if your body weight is pressed against it.
First, you place the tubing or rope inside the jaws of the tool and cut it. The strength of the jaws enables for a clean cut with no fraying on the end of the cable, which will allow for a smooth insert. Then, get a copper sleeve and loop the cable through it. Ensure there is a tail of wire rope that sticks out. After that step, you can compress the handles together. Depending on your cable and size, the number of compressions will vary - each swaging tool should come with a set of instructions to let you know this correct number. When completed, the compression will be stronger than the copper wiring itself.
Ensure you buy a swaging tool or crimper that is made to the highest manufacturing standards by shopping online on eBay. Find quality crimping tools, pliers, chisels and much more at competitive prices to get your job done, whatever it may be.