IKEA Kitchen Cart: An Indispensable Kitchen Accessory
If you're short on galley space, consider an IKEA kitchen cart. These convenient accessories come in handy for freeing up counter space, storing small appliances, and transporting meals from the kitchen to the dining room. Keep reading to find out how a kitchen island from IKEA can improve the flow of your kitchen, then find one on eBay.Types of new and used IKEA kitchen carts
IKEA makes both stationary and portable islands and carts. Within these categories, you'll find a variety of models, featuring plastic, wood, or stainless steel construction.
- Plastic - Designed to squeeze into tight spaces, this three-tier cart features open containers for storing dishes, utensils, and other frequently used items, such as coffee, tea, or cereal. IKEA's Raskog cart, for instance, comes in a variety of colours, including white, black, beige, and reddish-brown.
- Butcher block - IKEA butcher's block models feature a birch, oak, or pine shelf. The units accommodate microwaves, toasters, and other small appliances, as well as provides ample space for food preparation. Examples include the IKEA kitchen island bench, such as the Rimforsa and the Bror.
- Stainless steel - IKEA's stainless steel carts, like the Kungsford and Flytta models, provide lasting durability for transporting meals and feature locking casters for stability.
First, determine where you will place the cart. Choices include the corner, wall, or centre of the floor. Next, think about how much space you need and how you will use the cart. Do you need it just for storage, entertaining only, or both? Then decide what extras you need, such as drawers, racks, and hooks and look for an IKEA kitchen trolley to match your kitchen's decor.
- Drawers- Extra storage space on an affordable IKEA kitchen island makes it easy to tuck away and grab cooking and serving utensils while entertaining guests.
- Hooks - Side hooks like those found on the Rimsford let you hang often used items, such as towels and oven mitts for quick access.
- Racks -Slats on the bottom shelves provide a place to keep bottled beverages within reach without fear of them rolling off the cart.
Besides extra storage and workspace, IKEA kitchen carts offer a host of benefits, including:
- Durability - IKEA chopping tables withstand wear and tear and provide years of use.
- Stability - An IKEA kitchen trolley holds up well under pressure.
- Versatility - IKEA butcher's block trollies offer many uses for serving guests, preparing food, and storing gadgets. Plus, they offer flexibility in terms of the way you arrange your kitchen.
- Mobility - Portable IKEA islands feature wheels for easy movement. Trolleys similar to the Flytta feature locking casters to keep it in place. Other models, such as the IKEA Stenstorp freestanding kitchen island comes with two wheels and two stationary legs.