Hot This Week
- Woodworking Benchtop T5 Precision Table Saw Polishing/Sanding/Grinding Kit KPAAU $141.09Almost gone
- Einhell TC-TC 820 200mm Table Saw 800 Watt 240 VoltAU $241.6410 left
- Saw Bench Swing Saw Towable 13hp Tungsten TippedAU $1,299.001 sold
- Worx 650w BladeRunner Multi-Function Table Saw WX570AU $239.001 sold
- Raitool 12-24V Bench Top Saw Electric Wood Cutting Polishing Carving MachineAU $179.00
- Mini Table Saw Acrylic PCB Cutting Machine DIY Wood Cutter with 2pcs BladesAU $119.99
- Mini Table Saw Woodworking Saw Wood PCB Cutter Cutting Machine w Adapder 7200RPMAU $139.99
- Mini Table Saw DIY Model Cutting Machine Model Special Tool Wood PVC ABS CutterAU $79.99
- Raitool Mini Table Saw PCB Acrylic Cutting Machine Model Metal Sawing WoodworkAU $136.00
- Gold/Silver Mini Desktop T5 Table Saw DC 12-24V Portable Polishing Machine SHAU $141.19
- MT8 210mm 8" Industrial Wood Timber Bench Table Saw Sliding Side Extension BladeAU $392.35
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- Worx 650w BladeRunner Multi-Function Table Saw WX570AU $239.00Free postageMake Offer
- Einhell TC-TC 820 200mm Table Saw 800 Watt 240 VoltAU $241.64Free postageMake Offer
- SawStop SST-JSS15-AU - 240V 250MM 2100W Table Saw - ON SALE!AU $2,194.50+AU $200.00 postageMake Offer
If you're a woodworker, carpenter or somebody who often works with larger pieces of lumber, you know just how important table saws are. eBay is home to dozens of great industrial table saws full of powerful features that can help you finish your projects quickly and efficiently.
What is a planer?
One of the best facets of industrial saws is that they can do more than simply turn large pieces of wood in to smaller pieces. Many of them also act as planers. A wood planer is a machine that helps reduce the thickness of pieces of wood. You can set it to make multiple boards or planks the same width. It is also a great tool for smoothing out the face of the wood with which you're working.
Planers are especially useful if you're working with pieces of wood that feature some irregularities. Sometimes timber that is a funky shape or has some bumps or knots can be cheaper. With a planer, you can save money buying such pieces and then turn them into flatter, more workable shapes.
3 industrial saw safety tips
Whenever you're using industrial table saws, there are a few things you want to do to keep yourself and other users safe.
For one, always make sure you're wearing the proper safety gear, including but not limited to, goggles and, when possible, a respirator mask.
You also need to keep the machine in tip-top shape. Keep blades sharp so they don't catch on wood unexpectedly.
Finally, try to avoid using your hands to guide wood into the saw. Push blocks or sticks are great for sliding wood toward the spinning blades. Sometimes you'll have no choice but to use your hands. In those instances you need to make sure to concentrate, even if you've used table saws for thousands of cuts.
eBay is the place to turn for your woodworking tools. Check out our great range of table saws, planers and drop saws today and get the machines you need to see your projects through to completion.