Kitchen Sink Organisers
Maximise the amount of space in, and around, your kitchen sink with kitchen sink organisers. As part of a collection of kitchen utensils and gadgets that make your work easier, sink organisers boost your efficiency in the clean-up zone, while also keeping it as neat as a new pin.
Which Types of Materials Are Kitchen Sink Organisers Made From?
Kitchen sink organisers consist of a variety of materials that offer different benefits for you. Weigh what each material offers against what you need in order to come up with your best option.
- Aluminium: This material does not peel or rust, and is non-toxic, so it is safe for use in your kitchen.
- Plastic: Hard-wearing plastic comes in a variety of colours and shapes to brighten up your decor, such as plastic kitchen sponge holders. Look for plastic that is safe for use in your kitchen.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel looks very hygienic, resists corrosion and is easy to clean. When made from a quality grade, it does not bow or dent and offers a lasting appearance because it does not stain.
How Should I Organise the Sink?
Abide by the rule "a place for everything, and everything in its place" to prevent clutter. It doesn't matter what you have; first, decide on where you are going to store the item, keeping in mind that items you use more often should be close at hand, then make sure to always store it in the spot you choose. To make your kitchen sink work for you, consider the following storage solutions:
- Above the Sink: Hanging dish drying racks free up your counter space, as do wall-mounted caddies for your cleaning tools.
- Inside the Sink: A sink caddy with drainage keeps your scrubbers, detergent and cloths where you need them most, as well as dry. Mull over caddies that hang over the corner of your sink to open up counter or sink space.
Under the Sink: Use under-sink organisers for items you need near you, such as kitchen cleaning supplies, detergent packs, bin bags and gloves. Compact shelves that expand horizontally and vertically are best where space is at a premium.