LG LED LCD Televisions
South-Korean-based electronics company LG is a leading name in the manufacture of TVs, and its LED LCD televisions harness the latest technology for high-definition viewing. LG packs them with state-of-the-art features, including everything from in-built Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity to 3D viewing capabilities. With a lot of tech terminology thrown around, it can be difficult to know exactly what LG LCD televisions are capable of.
What Does LED Mean?
LED stands for light-emitting diode, which is a solid-state device that makes light as a result of electrons moving through a semiconductor.
- LEDs are a much smaller size when compared to compact fluorescent or incandescent light bulbs, which is why they're a preferred choice of backlight for LG televisions with an LCD display.
- LEDs illuminate a small cluster of pixels, but aren't small enough to use as individual pixels.
- OLED stands for organic light-emitting diode, which consists of organic compounds made so small, thin and flexible that they can be individual pixels.
What is an LED LCD Television?
An LED LCD television is basically an LCD (liquid-crystal-display) television that uses LEDs for its backlighting.
- Most LED LCDs on the market today are edge-lit along the sides of the TV, with the lights facing in toward the screen.
- A few have their LEDs on the back of the TV, facing toward the viewer.
Which Other Features Should I Look For In An LG LED LCD Television?
- If you're wanting to use your mobile phone as a remote control, connect a wireless headset to your TV or stream music directly from your iPod through your TV. Consider one of the LG LED LCD TVs with Bluetooth.
- If you want to be able to connect to your home network and browse the Internet on your TV, look for LG LED LCD TVs with Wi-Fi-enabled features. If you're planning on streaming films, make sure it supports the latest and fastest Wi-Fi standards available.
If you're using on-demand streaming media and viewing Internet TV, then look for LG televisions with smart TV capabilities.