Save on Other Hand Tools
- 40PC QUALITY HARDENED METRIC TAP & DIE SET, Screw Thread Taper Drill Tool KITAU $22.87Trending at AU $29.33
- 12 pc Hollow Punch Set, Leather Hole cutter, Gasket Cutter, Hardened SteelAU $14.00Trending at AU $17.44
- Bahco 8m Metric Tape Measure MTG-8-25AU $17.90Trending at AU $27.36
- Cellphone PCB Fixtures Repairing Circuit Boards Holder Solder Platform Fr iPhoneAU $15.45Trending at AU $16.97
- Flaring Tube Flare Tool Kit Refrigeration Eccentric Cone 1/4 5/16 3/8 1/2" 5/8“AU $25.66Trending at AU $30.54
- 46pcs Auto Repair Tool Combination Package Socket Set 1/4 Drive Ratchet Wrench GAU $24.59Trending at AU $26.05
- OLFA SVR-1 Stainless Steel Auto-Lock Silver Cutter KnifeAU $7.50Trending at AU $11.27
- Industrial HSS Metric thread tap M1.6X0.35Mm WSAU $1.03Trending at AU $1.06
You may also like
- Bahco Chisel Set Splitproof 6pce Sharpening Stone Honing Guide & Case 434-s6-zcTrending PriceAU $158.39 New
- X10pcs OLFA L-1 18mm Heavy Duty Ratchet-lock Utility KnifeTrending PriceAU $7.59 New
- STAMPS Letters Alphabet Set Punch Steel Metal Tool Case Craft Hot HY 6mmTrending PriceAU $17.32 New
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Limited Time Deals
- Bullet 881 Piece Metric Tool Cabinet Trolley Home Mechanic DIY Tool Set BoxAU $219.00AU $499.00 | 56% OFF
- BULLET 416 Piece Metric Tool Kit Trolley Case Home DIY Tool Carry Roller SetAU $159.00AU $350.00 | 54% OFF
- UNIMAC Engraving ToolAU $39.00AU $79.00 | 50% OFF
- BULLET 118pc Tool Box Kit Set - Cantilever Metal Drill Sockets Wrench SpannersAU $99.00AU $199.00 | 50% OFF
- 4pc Solid Steel Prying KitAU $26.90AU $39.00 | 31% OFF
- 3 in 1 Tube Pipe BenderAU $24.90AU $31.50 | 20% OFF
- 6PC Heavy Duty Pin Punch Set 1/8' to 3/8'AU $20.50
- BULLET 117 Piece Metric Tool Kit Chest Box Home Mechanic DIY Tool Set DrawerAU $149.00AU $339.00 | 56% OFF
If you are working with copper tubing or any other thin-walled tubing for your applications and need to widen the ends to join wires together, normal pliers just won't do. You need an industrial implement that can get the job done efficiently and safely - that's where a swaging tool can help you.
A swaging tool is used to widen the end of your tube so that you can increase the inside diameter to allow for another tube to enter before the soldering process. When performed correctly and using the right technique, it can be a quick and reliable way to get the job done.
How do you use a swaging tool?
Despite its heavy duty application, it is a surprisingly lightweight construction. Due to its size, a swaging tool needs a two handed operation and is best positioned on the floor to maximise strength of the user. A swaging tool will work best if your body weight is pressed against it.
First, you place the tubing or rope inside the jaws of the tool and cut it. The strength of the jaws enables for a clean cut with no fraying on the end of the cable, which will allow for a smooth insert. Then, get a copper sleeve and loop the cable through it. Ensure there is a tail of wire rope that sticks out. After that step, you can compress the handles together. Depending on your cable and size, the number of compressions will vary - each swaging tool should come with a set of instructions to let you know this correct number. When completed, the compression will be stronger than the copper wiring itself.
Ensure you buy a swaging tool or crimper that is made to the highest manufacturing standards by shopping online on eBay. Find quality crimping tools, pliers, chisels and much more at competitive prices to get your job done, whatever it may be.