Save on Other Horse Riding Equipment
- ROSE HIP VITAL Equine Horse Powder 3kg - Rosehip Joint Guard HealthAU $200.00Trending at AU $204.80
- Rose-Hip Vital Equine Horse Powder 3kg - Rose Hip Joint Guard Health SupplementAU $206.99Trending at AU $214.77
- Aussie Grazers - Slow Feeding Hay Net Bags Small 30mm x 30mmAU $25.00Trending at AU $29.31
- iO Equi-Dose Horse Equine Complete Wormer 1- 20 pack BUY BULK & SAVEAU $40.60Trending at AU $71.80
Hot This Week
- Farrier tools Hoof Trim shoeing Kit Hoof Nipper Rasp Knife 4 piecesAU $68.993 left
- Equimec Plus Tape Horse wormerAU $15.753 left
- Heavy Duty Three Tier Saddle RackAU $99.009 left
- 8MM OFFSHORE XP DBLE BRD POLYESTER YACHT ROPE SOLID COLOURS SOLD PER METREAU $1.8024 sold
- Nature’s Botanical Rosemary & Cedarwood Oils in a Natural Crème 100gmAU $22.8012 sold
- SADDLE RACK FIXEDAU $24.998 sold
- ROSE HIP VITAL Equine 1.5kg - Rosehip Joint Guard Health Supplement for HorsesAU $103.958 sold
- Equestrian Horse Riding 3D 50mm Diameter Medal Inc Neck Ribbon / EngravingAU $4.996 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- Vitamin C L-ASCORBIC ACID crystalline powder 500 grams GMO FREEAU $15.00+AU $9.00 postageMake Offer
- Track & Cup Set DIY Horse / Pony Show Jump Jumping Rails Jumps WingsAU $34.95Free postageMake Offer
- HORSE FLY VEIL EAR BONNET/NET/MASK/HOOD BREATHABLE COTTON 25 BEAUTIFUL COLORSAU $15.00Free postageMake Offer
- Farrier tools Hoof Trim shoeing Kit Hoof Nipper Rasp Knife 4 piecesAU $68.99Free postageMake Offer
- ROSE HIP VITAL Equine 1.5kg - Rosehip Joint Guard Health Supplement for HorsesAU $103.95+AU $9.95 postageMake Offer
Buying a horse yard is probably one of the most important and expensive purchases you will make when it comes to your equine friend. However, investing in your own horse yard can save you a lot more money in the long run. Don’t pay a weekly or monthly fee to give your horse access to graze on grass when they’re not inside their stable – instead, shop online for high quality, heavy duty horse yards and install one on your property.
Good planning leads to a beautiful horse holding facility that your four-legged friend will be able to enjoy, but with so many horse yards on the market, it can be difficult in deciding which one is right for your needs. If you’re planning to put fencing on your property, research the different types of fences below.
Types of heavy duty horse yards
Wooden: Strong and highly visible, wooden fences can be quite expensive and do require a lot of maintenance against the weather and horse teeth.
Wire: There are three different types of wire fences: woven wire, V-mesh wire, and smooth wire. This is the least expensive material, but it is recommended that an electric (either tape or a hot strand) should run across the top to keep horses from leaning on it.
PVC: While it looks attractive, PVC fencing is incredibly expensive, and will break under pressure. Electric fencing is recommended in conjunction with PVC.
Pipe: These fences are strong and durable, but there is no ‘give’ if a horse was to run into it.
The most important thing you will need to remember is to ensure that the holding yard is the right size for your horse to roam freely. Of course, this will depend on the size of your horse.
Don’t sit on the fence – shop online on eBay for high quality and competitively priced horse fencing products, horse riding equipment, horse grooming and more. Bid or buy outright on hundreds of new and used equine commodities from all around Australia.