Penn Spinning Fishing Reels
American company Penn established itself as one of the most trusted names in the manufacturing of fishing reels and rods with the first Penn reels sold back in 1933. From its early surf reels designed for distance casting, it now manufactures a whole range of rods and reels to tackle different conditions and fish species, such as Penn trout spinning fishing reels. More than 1,400 International Game Fish Association (IGFA) world records have been set using Penn fishing reels, with the Penn Senator and the Jig Master among its most popular models.
What Are the Features of Penn Spinning Fishing Reels?
Penn creates spinning fishing reels with the latest technology to ensure you have the features you need for the type of fishing you want to do.
- Penn fishing reels harness state-of-the-art technologies that include a Techno-Balanced rotor for smooth retrieves and an Instant Anti-Reverse bearing.
- Full metal body designs and side plates ensure a precise gear alignment, even under heavy loads, while the Live Liner offers rear drag adjustment.
Which Penn Spinning Fishing Reel is Right For Me?
The Penn spinning fishing reel ideal for you depends on the type of fishing you will do and the features you need.
- If you're looking for affordability, consider the Penn Fierce, which features an adjustable rear drag knob for fishing live baits or targeting difficult-to-catch fish.
- The Penn Slammer is popular for those wanting a heavy-duty reel for fishing from the boat or shore, and includes a IPX6 Sealed System to help keep water out of the gearbox and drag system.
- If you're fishing in harsh saltwater environments, consider the Penn Spinfisher that boasts an anodised alloy handle or the Spinfisher V that also has Penn's watertight design.
Which Other Fishing Products Does Penn Make?
Penn makes a range of fishing products to ensure you have a positive outdoor experience, and maybe even catch your dinner.
- When you're looking for a combo rod and reel, consider the Penn GT Level Wind Star Drag Combo. It boasts a one-piece graphite frame and stainless steel level wind, as well as an anodised aluminium spool. Ideally designed for live baiting and trolling, it has a reputation for strength and excellent fish catching capabilities.
- In addition to fishing reels and rods, Penn also manufactures neoprene covers to keep your reels in as-new condition, as well as cleaners and oils to maintain your reels.
When you need Penn spinning fishing reel parts and repair equipment, you can find a range of corrosion-resistant tools and fillet knives that feature non-slip handles and sharp blades, ensuring you can easily prepare your fish for cooking.