Personalised Nappy Bags
Becoming a parent opens up a whole new chapter in your life. You find that it is difficult to leave your little one behind when you are going about your daily chores. Given that your ever busy lifestyles require you to always be on the move, you will tend to bring your kids along with you and hence the need for a portable and personalised nappy bag. You need a baby bag that allows you to whip out something at a moment's notice. Selecting the perfect nappy bag is essential. Here are a few things to consider before making a purchase:
What are the different types of nappy bags?
The three most popular nappy bag are:
- The backpack: This type appears similar to a standard backpack. However, it has been ingeniously designed to contain extra pockets to hold your nappies, changing pads, baby wipes, and baby bottles among other items. A backpack nappy bag has a lot of room to keep all the essentials. Plus, it's easier to carry as the weight is evenly distributed on your shoulders.
- Tote bags: These bags have a similar style to that of a large handbag. They come inclusive of extra pockets to store baby items. Some leather nappy totes have detachable straps enabling you to convert your Tote to a shoulder bag. This is especially useful if you need to carry your child in your arms.
- Messenger changing bags: Also referred to as a sling bag, this model has a single padded strap that can be carried across the chest or on a shoulder. Messenger nappy bags are especially popular among dads. The bag is large enough to hold all essential baby items such as wipes, burping cloths and baby bottles as well.
What should my nappy bag entail?
A bigger bag is more functional and allows you to haul more items. Some key features to look out for include:
- Straps: Look for a bag with long and thick adjustable straps. Thin straps will cut into your shoulder and short straps might be an issue if you plan to share the pack with a partner.
- Changing Pad: Check the size of your changing pad as your baby will outgrow a small changing pad in just a few weeks.
- Closure: It's better to buy a bag with zippers as opposed to Velcro because Velcro tends to stick on other things.
- A base: A bag that has a fixed shape makes your baby items easily accessible.
What other features should a nappy bag have?
These features will make your life easier. Look for nappy bags with additional features such as:
- Inner tethered accessory bag
- Wipe carrying case
- Insulated pockets to store formula and breastmilk