Silva Hiking Compasses
Two thousand years ago, people based sense of direction on the movements of the sun. Thankfully around 1000 years ago, the compass made finding the way much easier. Hiking compasses are especially handy when out hiking and Silva have exactly what you need for a safe adventure. As a leading manufacturer of compasses worldwide, Silva provides models for amateurs through to professional outdoorsman. They are famous for their extreme accuracy and user friendly designs.
What Are Some of the Silva Hiking Compass Models?
A few of the exceptional Silva compasses to take on your next hiking adventure are:
- Silva Ranger: The Silva Ranger is a great compass to take anywhere and features a DryFlex grip, detachable safety-release lanyard and has luminous markings for night navigation. It has a declination scale inside, a magnifying lens and a base plate map measuring tool.
- Silva Field: The Silva field is an ideal hiking compass for beginners and has a rubber grip for easy handling. It has a safety lanyard and is a favourite among those new to navigation.
- Silva Ranger SL: The Silva Ranger SL can give you hands free navigation as it attaches onto your clothing with a safety pin. It has a sundial and mirror sighting for accurate bearings. You will have no trouble finding your way in the dark with the luminous markings and the compass housing has red/black orienting lines.
Where Can I Use a Silva Compass?
The beauty of compasses is that you can use them no matter where you are in the world. You don't need GPS or Wi-Fi to operate one so can often be a lot more reliable than a GPS compass or mobile phone.
- Out at sea: If you are out on a boating trip and the ship's navigation system fails with no land in sight, a Silva compass will help you find the right way home.
- In the bush: When every direction looks the same and you are stuck on a cloudy day, a navigation compass will point you in the right direction.
- On top of mountains: You can feel comfortable hiking in the most remote mountain ranges when you have a Silva compass to guide you.