Seiko Solar Wristwatches
Japanese watchmaker Seiko is a leader in the global timepiece industry and prides itself on using "emotional technology," which connects the wearer and the watch. men's Seiko solar watches and women's Seiko solar wristwatches continue its tradition of excellence, drawing on the sun's power to create sustainable watches that don't compromise on style.
What is a Solar Watch?
Solar watches use sunlight, or man-made light, captured by an in-built solar panel to power them. They will work even once the sun goes down, with the light converted into electrical energy during the day and stored in a rechargeable cell to keep the watch powered at night.
- Some solar watches use lithium-ion cells that are capable of powering the watch for months on end without any exposure to light.
- They don't require batteries or daily winding and have a reputation for being more accurate than self-winding automatic watches.
- Solar watches are available in a whole range of different styles, offering an environmentally-friendly timepiece for both men and women.
Which Seiko Solar Watch is Right For Me?
Seiko creates a range of solar watches for both men and women. Which wristwatch is best for you depends on your personal needs and preferences.
- If you're after a military-inspired wristwatch, consider the Seiko SNE331 Core that combines a 43mm black stainless steel case with a khaki-coloured nylon strap.
- Harking back to Seiko's vintage watches, the Seiko Recraft Solar chronograph watch features a sophisticated green dial and a luxurious leather brown strap that makes it ideal for the office or the outdoors.
- One of Seiko's top-of-the-range solar watches is the Astron GPS Solar watch, which combines fine craftsmanship with high-tech features, such as a GPS-controlled time adjustment, perpetual calendar and a magnetic-resistant titanium case.
What is Quartz Solar Technology?
Seiko launched its first quartz watch in 1969, and its first solar watch just eight years later and continues to be a pioneer in developing both technologies.
- Seiko uses an advanced solar technology so the dials of its quartz solar watches look just as good as a regular quartz watch and no longer have to be semi-transparent.