Shop by Brand
Save on Solar Chargers & Inverters
- 30A 12V/24V LCD PWM Solar Panel Charge Regulator Battery Controller 360W/720W.AU $23.99Trending at AU $26.90
- 10A 12V/24V Solar Panel CMG LCD Batter Controller Temperature CompensationAU $34.87Trending at AU $35.47
- 10A 12V/24V PWM Solar Charge Controller Battery Regulator Timer And Light SensorAU $22.36Trending at AU $34.45
- CMP12-20A Solar Panel Regulator PWM Battery Charge Controller 20A 12V/24V...AUAU $9.89Trending at AU $14.28
- 30A 12V/24V Auto Switch MPPT Solar Panel Battery Regulator Charge Controller X=AU $13.42Trending at AU $13.80
- EPEVER 20A 30A 40A Solar Charge Controller MPPT Wifi Serial Server+EBOX-WIFIAU $119.00Trending at AU $155.47
- 300/500/800/1000/1200/1500W DC12V~AC220-240V Solar Power Inverter Converter B6S6AU $23.92Trending at AU $35.35
- LCD 40A 12V/24V Autoswitch Solar Panel Battery Regulator Charge Controller GHAU $31.40Trending at AU $35.13
- 300w Solar Grid Tie Inverter With LED Display 10.8-28v DC 90-140v AC W6p2Trending PriceAU $78.29 New
- LED Display PWM Solar Charge Controller USB Panel Regulator 20a 12v-24v TimerTrending PriceAU $35.68 New
- 10amp 12v/24v Solar Panel Charge Controller Battery Regulator Mc4 Connector BATrending PriceAU $14.59 New
- Sj3a Solar Panel Charger Controller Regulator PWM 12v 3aTrending PriceAU $5.60 New
- 1200w Dc12v to Ac220-240v AC Household Solar Power Inverter Converter Black V5f2Trending PriceAU $36.40 New
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Solar Panel Set-up
There is much more to a solar panel set-up than justsolar panels. Not only do the correct solar panels have to provide a sufficient level of power, the system also needs an effective battery to store the harnessed power, as well as a solar regulator. Sometimes referred to as solar charge controllers, solar regulators are a vital part of any standalone solar system.
A 12 volt solar panel can produce anything between 12 and 21 volts, which would overcharge and damage a battery were it to transfer directly to it. Instead, the voltage from the solar panel runs through the solar regulator, which regulates the voltage to a safe level so that the battery does not get damaged, and it can do the job it is designed to do: power appliances.
Choosing a Solar Regulator
There are two types of solar regulator to choose from. There is the Pulse Width Modulation regulator and the Maximum Power Point Tracking regulator. Both do the same job of regulating voltage produced by solar panels, but offer different levels of efficiency. Pulse Width Modulation regulators are perhaps the most common type of battery charging technology, offering a cheaper option that provides around a 70% efficiency rate when transferring energy from the panels to batteries.
Newer to the market - and slightly more expensive - Maximum Power Point Tracking regulators offer a higher efficiency rate of 95 to 97%. This is achieved by transforming excess voltage to the correct level with an increase in current, rather than by simply clipping it. Time to buy? For buyers looking for a quality 12 volt solar regulator, eBay has a great range ofsolar energy supplies, providing the perfect place to compare all components for the best solar power set-up. Compare 12v solar regulator options to find the best quality and the best brands, at an affordable price.