Women's Exercise Clothing
There are a variety of styles of workout clothes for women that cover many forms of exercise. Activewear has come a long way with advances in design technology and the usage of various fibres for moisture wicking and compression.
What are the Styles of Exercise tops?
- Tank tops. Tank tops are a great shirt style that provides air flow to your arms to easily cool you off.
- T-shirts. There are a wide variety of styles when it comes to exercise t-shirts.
- Long sleeve shirts. Long sleeve shirts and base layers act as a solid layer of warmth for cooler days that you might be exercising outside or going for a run.
- Sweatshirts. After an intense workout or to layer up during the winter months, sweatshirts are a great addition to any workout wardrobe. They can range in style from traditional crewneck to hoodies or zip-up sweatshirts.
- Jackets and Vests. Jackets and vests are a good way to add an extra layer of warmth or protect you from weather elements such as rain or wind if working out outside. They come in a variety of styles and materials but easily move with you, allowing you to have full mobility in whatever activity you're engaged in.
What are the Styles of Exercise Bottoms?
- Shorts. There are several different types of workout shorts to choose from including cycling shorts, running shorts, basketball shorts, soccer shorts and traditional cotton bottoms. Some have built-in features such as liners or pockets depending upon the activity.
- Pants. There are a variety of exercise pants available from leggings to yoga pants to joggers and running tights. No matter what activity you want to take part in, there is a pant for you.
- Compression legwear. This type of pant is great for those who want to increase their circulation while working out. Compression legwear works by putting the appropriate amount of pressure on your legs to ensure thorough blood circulation without having complications.
- Skirts. For women who want a little more ladylike flair, exercise skirts are a fun option. These have built-in shorts under the skirt to provide full coverage without exposing anything.
What are the Other Types of Exercise Clothing?
- Sports bras. Whatever the activity might be, a woman needs to feel that she has support for all areas of her body so sports bras are an important aspect of exercise clothing. These provide full coverage as well as support no matter how big or small a women is as well as their shape.
- Socks. Many exercise socks have an additional cushioned area to support the parts of the foot that take the most abuse. Additionally, many socks use moisture wicking fabric to eliminate or reduce the amount of sweat a foot endures.