Wrestling Action Figures
One of the oldest forms of martial arts in the world, wrestling has a long-established history in many different cultures. For enthusiasts, collecting wrestling action figures is a popular pastime, with these miniature wrestlers inspired by some of the world's biggest wrestling competitions.
What Are WWE Wrestling Action Figures?
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is an American-owned sports entertainment company that blends wrestling with acting to create a hugely popular theatrical event. Since its rise to stardom in the 1980s, WWE action figures are among the most popular wrestling collectable items.
- Traditionally, WWE belt wrestling action figures were eight inches in height and made from solid rubber with intricate details to make them look as much like their real-life counterparts as possible. They also came with a unique biography card about the wrestler on the packaging and a small poster.
- Later WWE wrestling action figures included multiple points of articulation, including the neck, biceps, elbows, waist, hips, knees and ankles, as well as wrestling action figure accessories.
What Should I Consider When Buying Wrestling Action Figures?
First and foremost, it's important to consider which wrestling superstars you really like and begin collecting their figures. After that, you can expand your collection to other wrestling personalities.
- If you're looking for rare and vintage wrestling action figures, look back at old retired wrestlers who won't have new action figures made for them. It's these wrestling action figures that will increase in value as they become a rarity over time.
- If you're collecting wrestling action figures to make a profit later, it may be a good idea to purchase two of the same—one for you to enjoy and an original unopened wrestling action figure to keep in as-new condition and sell as it becomes rarer.
- Always keep your wrestling action figures in a cool and dry place, as exposure to heat can damage their paint work.
Which Rare And Vintage Wrestlers Should I Look For?
Some rare and vintage wrestling action figures can fetch a high price since avid collectors prize them.
- Look for Andre the Giant action figures and those of the Ultimate Warrior, as well as the popular WWF and WWE champion, the Undertaker.
- Hulk Hogan was one of the world's most loved wrestlers and no serious collection is complete without his figurine.