To check on the status of a payment, go to your Sold history and select See payment status – you'll see the expected date your payment will be available. You'll also find your payment status in the Orders section of Seller Hub.See your payment status
Why we put payments on hold and how to avoid it
Like you, we want to make sure our buyers have a great experience when buying on eBay. To help ensure this, we sometimes place a temporary hold on funds while a transaction is still in progress.
You'll get access to your funds as soon as we know the transaction has been a success.
Here are some reasons we may put your funds on hold, and what you can do to get faster access to them.
Payment holds for new sellers
If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:
- Seven days after the estimated delivery date, or
- Three days after confirmed delivery
If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.
You'll become an established seller after:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales
Payment holds for established sellers
If you're an established seller, you should usually get access to your payments immediately, but there are some reasons why your funds could still be placed on hold:
- Your Seller Dashboard rating has been Below Standard for 90 days
- You've started selling in a new category
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Money Back Guarantee cases
- Your buyer opened a request for an item they didn't receive or an item that didn't match the listing description
- You need to add tracking details to an item in order for an eBay Money Back Guarantee case to be resolved
We recommend sending your items as quickly as possible and with tracking – you'll keep your customers happy, and get the fastest access to your payments.
PayPal payment holds
PayPal may also place payments on hold in some situations. If the payment status shows a PayPal hold, please contact PayPal for assistance.