1,001 Pearls of Runners' Wisdom: Advice and Inspiration for the Open Road by Bill Katovsky (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.99+ AU $1.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin these pages, runners will find a wealth of kwledge, expertise, and even a little humor to encourage them in their sport. But whether comical or serious, the quotes contained here represent the finest writing and wisdom on running. Geared towards everyone from the long-distance enthusiast to the relative or friend of one, the musings collected are poignant, sentimental, and amazing. 1,001 Pearls of Runners' Wisdom covers a wide swath of topics, ranging from training to coaching to marathons to shoes to diet, and even barefoot or natural running, a new trend inspired by Christopher McDougall's national bestseller, Born to Run. I started the Boston Marathon as a 20-year-old girl, and came out the other end a grown woman. --Kathrine Switzer It has been said that the love of the chase is an inherent delight in man--a relic of an instinctive passion. --Charles Darwin A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts. --Steve Prefontaine Don't worry, everyone slows over time. --Bill Rodgers There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman. --Groundskeeper Willy, from The Simpsons Speed is sex ...distance is love. --David Blaike, Canadian ultrarunner Gazelles run when they're pregnant. Why should it be any different for women?? --Joan Ullyot, M.D. I'm afraid the reason so many new runners quit is because they never get past the point of feeling like they have to run. --John Bingham Run softly by imagining a helium balloon attached to your head. --Lieutenant Colonel (Dr.) Dan Kuland, U.S. Air Force Chief of Health Promotion Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. --Jim Ryun They were the lightest shoes I could find. --Ron Hill, elite British long-distance runner, on why he ran barefoot People [say to] me after a race, 'I get so many blisters from shoes, if I run barefoot, it's going to be worse.' And I say, 'Well that's why I stopped wearing shoes because I got tired of getting blisters.' --Ken Bob Saxton, aka Barefoot Ken Bob, has run 76 marathons, 75 of them shoeless, since 1997 The mile has all the elements of drama. --Roger Bannister Anything worth doing is going to be difficult. --Fauja Singh, 100 years old, after finishing the 2011 Toronto Marathon in 8:25 One cant run away from his behind. --African proverb Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. In addition to books on popular team sports, we also publish books for a wide variety of athletes and sports enthusiasts, including books on running, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, martial arts, golf, camping, hiking, aviation, boating, and so much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBill Katovsky, founder of Tri-Athlete Magazine, has completed the Hawaii Ironman twice and is coauthor of Embedded: The Media at War in Iraq, which won Harvard's Goldsmith Book Prize; and editor of 1,001 Pearls of Runners' Wisdom: Advice and Inspiration for the Open Road, as well as co-founder of the Natural Running Center.
- Author(s)Bill Katovsky
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Series Title1001 Pearls
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight428 g
- Width140 mm
- Height120 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.