All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent research shows that as many as one in seventy boys in the United States w has autism. Parents of these boys become full-time researchers, always looking for the latest information on doctors, education, and treatments. After countless hours of study, Ken Siri shares what he has learned. Following his comprehensive guide to treatment options, Cutting-Edge Therapies for Autism, he w presents the essential guide to parenting a boy with autism. In 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Boys you will learn about navigating puberty with your son including issues such as personal hygiene, inappropriate touching, and sex. Parents of autistic boys contend with many unique problems due to increases in size, strength, and aggression as the boy ages. How do you keep both yourself and your son safe when he is suddenly twice your size? Other topics will include: Teaching your son about grooming, washing, and deodorant Choosing a school Getting insurance to cover treatments How to handle bullying Legal issues and Medicaid pros and cons Maintaining a social life for both you and your son Handling marital stress and divorce Where to go on vacation And many more! From what to do when you first suspect your son might have autism, to coping with the first diagsis, to following up with comprehensive evaluation, continuing education, and treatment, 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Boys is the book that every parent of an autistic boy needs.
- Author(s)Ken Siri
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.