All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionMany dangers can arise from reading a letter written to someone else, and epistles-scriptural letters-are different. Don and Anita Flowers present this comprehensive study of 1 Corinthians, filled with scholarly insight and dealing with such varied topics as marriage and sexuality, spiritual gifts and love, and diversity and unity. The authors examine Paul's relationship with the church in Corinth as well as the culture of that city to give context to topics that can seem far removed from Christian life today. These four sessions direct learners toward the blessings the modern church can glean from this letter to an early church from the most recognizable and prolific ancient theological writer. Although t written to us today, the authors reveal how profoundly 1 Corinthians is written about us. This Study Guide for the Smyth & Helwys Annual Bible Study on 1 Corinthians serves three purposes: to educate the learner on major issues of appropriate interpretation, to offer an overview of theological themes, and to build the learner's Bible study skills by reviewing significant interpretations.
- Author BiographyDon Flowers is a golfer who occasionally stumbles into par, a sailor who seeks to avoid the sandbars, and a pastor who often catches a glimpse of the kingdom of God in the life of Providence Baptist Church on Daniel Island in Charleston, South Carolina, where he serves as pastor. Previously, he has served churches in Lenoir, North Carolina, and Greenville, South Carolina. As an extension of his ministry, he serves as board member emeritus for the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. Anita Flowers is a writer, quilt maker, textile artist, and poet wannabe. Trained as a counselor and therapist, Anita is an associate with Pinnacle Leadership where she coaches individuals and groups forward into new possibilities, exploring creativity, writing, and vocational choice and development. Don and Anita have two adult daughters who continue to bring joy and adventure into their lives.
- Author(s)Anita Flowers,Don Flowers
- PublisherSmyth & Helwys Publishing Incorporated
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmyth & Helwys Publishing Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.