Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the recent unveiling of the monument to Bomber Command in London's Green Park, the publication of this lovingly crafted account of the exploits of oft overlooked 1 Group is set to be a timely one. Patrick Otter combines an appropriate level of detail regarding operations, aircraft, bases and incidents, with accounts of human endurance and squadron fraternity, which works to create a thoroughly well researched account of the wartime proceedings of 1 Group which is rooted firmly in humanity. The book is heavily illustrated throughout with both images of aircraft and pilot profiles, supplementing the text perfectly and working further to humanize the accounts which the author relays, as well as satisfying the Aviation buffs curiosity for new and interesting images of aircraft in their wartime contexts. Although often considered a somewhat controversial operational unit, the bravery of the men who made up Bomber Command has never been in question. This book is further testament to that fact.
- Author BiographyPatrick Otter has spent his whole working life as a journalist in his native Lincolnshire, working on a variety of newspapers, including the Grimsby Evening Telegraph where he became an assistant editor before taking early retirement on health grounds. His interest in aviation and, in particular, the wartime history of Bomber Command was sparked by his research into the events leading up to the loss of his father's 9 Squadron Lancaster over Berlin on what became known as 'Black Thursday' in December 1943, six months before he was born. He is the author of a number of books on Bomber Command and the wartime histories of airfields in both Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. He is married with a son, a history professor at Ohio State University in the United States.
- Author(s)Patrick Otter
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content Note200 images
- Weight998 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.