All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionBreak through language barriers and put ELL students at ease in your classroom! More than ever before, K--12 educators in today's classrooms teach students from diverse language backgrounds. This handy reference guide to the ten most common languages of students who do t speak English--Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic, Tagalog, Haitian Creole, Navajo, Hmong, Cantonese, and Korean--offers practical guidance for communicating with ELL students and their families. With a chapter dedicated to each language, this book provides a wealth of resources to help you make meaningful connections with ELL students, including: * Information about the traditions, religions, and celebrations of the family's country of origin * Guides to common words and phrases in the student's native language * Picture dictionaries that can be reproduced for use with students * Sample parent letters that include both English and native language translations * Basic reading tests in ten languages Language can be an intimidating barrier to many students and teachers alike. Don't let it stand in the way of success. Help ensure that English Language Learners successfully transition into the school community and participate fully in the classroom learning environment!
- Author BiographyGarth Sundem graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University. He currently resides in Texas. Jan Krieger has worked as a multicultural educator for many years, teaching at bilingual schools. He currently resides in Bozeman, Montana. Kristi Pikiewicz is a middle school social studies and language arts teacher. She currently resides in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Garth Sundem,Jan Krieger,Kristi Pikiewicz
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1042 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.