All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover Tai Ji Quan with this concise and easy-to-read primer. Seen in the West as a dynamic combination of yoga and meditation, Tai Ji Quan is an effective health and mind stilling exercise that has been practiced in China for millennia. Fully illustrated in colour, this book covers all the basics, including: - Key principles and etiquette - Tips for practice - Health benefits - Origins - Tai Ji Quan schools With an accompanying DVD that demonstrates an authentic short form, it is the perfect introduction for newcomers to Tai Ji Quan as well as anyone interested in martial traditions more generally. It also provides key practice tips and cultural insights for seasoned Tai Ji Quan practitioners.
- Author BiographyZhou Qingjie is Associate Professor of Physical Education Teaching and Research at Foreign Affairs University, Beijing, and has an MA in Sports Humanistic Sociology. He has been practicing martial arts, including Tai Ji Quan, qigong, Sanda (Chinese boxing) and other forms of wushu with weapons since his childhood. He has taught wushu as both compulsory and optional subjects at the Foreign Affairs University, and has been invited to teach wushu and Tai Ji Quan at Peking University and Beijing Normal University. Due to his achievements in the bilingual teaching of Tai Ji Quan and his theoretical research in physical education, he received the award of 'Top Beijing Innovator for Education' in 2005.
- Author(s)Qingjie Zhou
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Series Title10-Minute Primers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note134 full colour
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.