All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover Chinese wushu with this concise and easy-to-read primer. Wushu, also kwn as kung fu, has the art of attack and defence at its centre and is an umbrella term for the Chinese martial arts. With accurate and defined illustrations, this book covers all the basics of wushu, including: - Origins of wushu - Key principles and etiquette - Wushu schools - Wushu in film, art and culture - Health benefits - Tips for practice and 'becoming Bruce Lee'. With an accompanying instructional DVD that demonstrates a key practice, it is the perfect introduction for newcomers to Chinese martial arts, as well as anyone interested in martial traditions more generally. It also provides key practice tips and cultural insights for seasoned wushu practitioners.
- Author BiographyZhou Qingjie is Associate Professor of Physical Education Teaching and Research at Foreign Affairs University, Beijing, and has an MA in Sports Humanistic Sociology. He has been practicing martial arts, including Taijiquan, Qigong, Sanda (Chinese boxing) and other forms of Wushu with weapons since his childhood. He has taught Wushu as both compulsory and optional subjects at the Foreign Affairs University, and has been invited to teach Wushu and Taijiquan at Peking University and Beijing Normal University. Due to his achievements in the bilingual teaching of Taijiquan and his theoretical research in physical education, he received the award of 'Top Beijing Innovator for Education' in 2005.
- Author(s)Qingjie Zhou
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Series Title10-Minute Primers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note57 full colour illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.